Hey! Fat Girl!

I'm the girl you don't like just because I'm fat. Nice to meet you, too.

Monday, March 27, 2006

The Husband Story, part 2

We ordered another round of drinks. I never drank. Well, except for on Christmas or a special occasion with family. I had to make sure I still had a hold on what was going on around me. The last thing I needed was to get plastered and let this guy do god-knows-what to me.

We chatted more about school, work, friends, sports (I could only nod because I am clueless when it comes to athletics). Then, without warning, he changed the subject to sex. This was the point of the "date" that I dreaded. I didn't want to talk about it, but I also didn't want to seem like a prude.

I didn't know how I should conduct myself. I remember that I kept my eyes on my drink and didn't meet his. Or maybe I did once or twice. I knew I was blushing something fierce. I could feel the heat radiate up my neck and into my cheeks. It was an embarrassing topic for me because I wasn't all that experienced. I had a few hook-ups in the past, but I'd hardly call them relationships. I didn't want to tell him that though, so I did the only thing I could: I lied.

He asked me a lot of questions, many of them I can't remember. Although I know that I answered with whatever it was I thought he wanted to hear. He asked me if I'd ever been in a threesome. I lied and said "yes" but didn't remember much of it "because I was so drunk!" That was a good answer for him, I guess, because he smiled and nodded a lot. He asked me about what I liked in bed and I pretty much said "yes" to everything he mentioned. And I'm positive I didn't know what half the things were he was mentioning. But I just kept telling him what he wanted to hear. And I guess that's what made him ask me out again.

We left the bar before last call. I wasn't drunk at all. He was a bit tipsy. I know this is wrong of me, but I didn't care if he was driving home, walking, or taking a cab. I didn't ask. I just wanted to be alone and away from him. All the talk of sex just made me feel really uncomfortable and numb to the idea of seeing him again. I still felt like a big joke. Like he was going to go home to his buddies and tell them everything I said. And then they will all high-five and have a good laugh. Even though I was thinking this, I found myself agreeing to see him again. I told him I was pretty busy with school work, but I'd let him know when my tests were over and maybe we could get together then. The truth is, I didn't want to see him again, but I was too cowardly to say it. I guess I was worried about hurting his feelings? I don't know. He leaned in to kiss me, but I turned and stammered something stupid to avoid his lips. We ended up giving each other a really awkward hug. And then he said goodbye as I walked to the train.

(to be continued...)

2 Comments:

At March 28, 2006 4:01 AM, Blogger Nicole (SummersComing) said...

I can remember being young like that. Thinking I had to tell some guy something just to sound...I dont know....better than what I was?! I find myself wishing that someone, anyone had taken me under their wing so to speak to teach me about self worth. I have a daughter now...I hope to instill in her a belief that you dont need anyone, let alone some guy, to validate her place on this earth. Lord knows...I have done that enough.

 
At March 29, 2006 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY BOO!1LET IT OUT,LET GO OF YOUR INSECERITY ABOUT YOURSELF ,STOP WORRYING ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE ARE THINKING,buck The world.....want break you and damn show can't make you. Ok ay.....ay

 

Post a Comment

<< Home