Hey! Fat Girl!

I'm the girl you don't like just because I'm fat. Nice to meet you, too.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Hello, Friends. I'm not dead.

Thank you for all your email and comments. No, I'm not dead. I'm just wrapping up the tax season. I'm sure you can understand. Sometimes my work gets the best of me. I wish it didn't, but that's life.

There's nothing really exciting going on in my life right now. Although I did find this site through Big Fat Blog this morning. If you get the chance, please click on the link and follow through to the "reflect/respect" section. I don't know if it's because I'm really emotional today, or what, but I cried and cried when I watched that piece. I think it's because I'm not used to a skinny, scrawny, 20-something man devoting a large chunk of his time to a body issues project. It was really a nice (albeit surprising) thing to see, so that's what made me cry.

But it also made me think that there are people in this country who are on our side. And that's really something, you know? Just when I think I'll never be accepted like the 115 pound secretary in my office is accepted, the "reflect/respect" project comes along and it makes me have hope. And that's a good thing.

---------------------------------------

This weekend I ate:

  • KFC
  • Three bags of easter candy that was on sale at Target
  • 2 2 litres of Diet Coke
  • a pan of brownies
  • a family sized pot pie
  • 1/2 lb of pistachios while watching the movie "Multiplicity"
  • between 8 and 10 pancakes. I lost count
  • peanut butter cup blizzard from Dairy Queen on my way home from work on Friday. Those are hard to eat while driving!

  • 5 Comments:

    At April 24, 2006 8:04 PM, Blogger Estelle said...

    Glad to see you are back. : )

     
    At May 04, 2006 7:17 AM, Blogger Nicole (SummersComing) said...

    Work.......yuck! LOL

    Look forward to reading more when you get some free time!

     
    At May 11, 2006 9:05 AM, Blogger Nicole (SummersComing) said...

    Hey! Just checking in on you!

     
    At May 18, 2006 11:14 AM, Blogger Nicole (SummersComing) said...

    Cooooommmmmmeeee baaaaaaaacckk!!! We never heard how you met your husbanddddddddd!!


    Seriously, hope your doing well! I wont bug you again but I WILL keep you on my list in hopes that you return.

     
    At June 01, 2006 6:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Want to get angry look at this stomach turning website

    www.myfatspouse.com

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home