Hey! Fat Girl!

I'm the girl you don't like just because I'm fat. Nice to meet you, too.

Monday, June 05, 2006

Not In A Good Place

I've been thinking about the idea of therapy. I've always been a depressed person, but lately I just don't feel like I can function well. I'm sad and scatterbrained and cry for no reason. My relationship with my husband is deteriorating and it makes me sad that I really don't care. I'm not a sexual person and that makes him mad. I'm not much of a socialite, either, and that pisses him off. But? He knew these things when he married me.

I just hate the "I don't care" feeling. I don't care about my clients at work. I don't care about housekeeping. I don't care about the way I look. And I really don't care about my husband.

That last thing makes me sad.

It's true, I love him, but I almost feel like we'd both be better off on our own. That way he can find someone who will go out bar-hopping with him and I can just be by myself at home. I like being alone. I'm not really concerned if I don't find another person to be with. Like I said, I just don't care.

So that's why I think I should get some help. Just to lift this perpetual black cloud I have hanging over my head all the time. I'm sure my insurance will cover it.

Is this a smart idea?

7 Comments:

At June 06, 2006 5:40 AM, Blogger crazygamommy said...

YES! Absolutely, definitely, 100% a smart idea, and if you can get your husband to come with you a time or two to work out your issues together that will be even better! I've been there girl, and if I could have seen a counselor I WOULD HAVE! Do it for yourself, and do it before it's too late!! **HUGS**

 
At June 06, 2006 8:37 AM, Blogger Hey! Fat Girl! said...

My husband wouldn't come with me if I drugged him and dragged him there in chains...

 
At June 06, 2006 12:23 PM, Blogger 3point0 said...

You answered your own question in the paragraph before "Is this a smart idea?"

Of course it is.

 
At June 06, 2006 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi hon, i'm sorry to hear you are feeling so blue. as a fellow sufferer of depression, i can empathize with how you're feeling. i think that people don't realize that depression isn't just about being sad, but also about not caring about anything. that's how I felt when i was in my deepest depressions. i'm in regression right now, thanks to a combo of meds. it's difficult to take the first step to see a therapist, but it's totally worth it. i've been on and off meds and therapy, and i've definately done better when i've been on it. i'm one of those people that hates to be dependent on anything, but currently i'm ok with it. just know that there are people who can relate and that we support you in whatever you decide. i'm glad you feel that you can share with others how you feel. that is a good step towards feeling better. take care of yourself.

 
At June 08, 2006 4:41 AM, Blogger Nicole (SummersComing) said...

A THOUSAND TIMES YES!! RUN DO NOT WALK!!! CALL RIGHT NOW!!


I hope that got your attention along with everyone elses awesome responses! Do it for you...not your husband or your clients. Just start out with the idea that you just need to feel a little better. See where it takes you. Do not be afraid of meds if offered.

 
At June 10, 2006 5:42 PM, Blogger Hey! Fat Girl! said...

Thank you, everyone. I really appreciate all the support!

 
At June 21, 2006 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, FG, I too suffer from depression. Since seeking help for it, the only thing I regret is waiting so long to ask for help. I wavered btwn just not caring and thinking I just needed to snap out of the funk, but looking back now, I'm really glad I took the steps I needed. I'm not there yet, but I'm getting there...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home