Hey! Fat Girl!

I'm the girl you don't like just because I'm fat. Nice to meet you, too.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

I'm Back!

Hello everyone!

I'm sure I've lost a lot of readers, and for that, I'm sorry. I've been gone for a very long time. Both mentally, emotionally, and physically. But now I'm back and I hope to stay here for a long time.

Physically, I attended two conferences for work and went on a much needed vacation. I don't like the sun and the sand (gets into my fat bits and sticks there forever!) but my husband won a trip to a certain sunny island that will remain nameless through his work, so we went with another couple who also had the good fortune of winning. I hadn't met them before, so I was all sorts of nervous about the trip. But we all got along fine and I kept my large self covered up as much as I could as to not embarass myself or the people we were with. So now I'm back home, have a tan (!!), and ready to start blogging again.

Mentally I think I'm in a better state. I am unsure when it occurred, but something inside me said that I have to stop all the negativity within myself, because in little ways I'm projecting it outward. And people can pick up on that. So now I'm not the fat, grumpy, sullen, ugly woman with low self esteem, I'm just the fat ugly woman who works downtown and has a tan. HA! Plus, I've been reading more and that always helps me get out of a funk. I think I've read more books in the past few months than I did while I was in college!

Emotionally I'm a smidge better as well. Things are OK between myhusband and I. Not perfect, but they are better than they were 4 or 5 months ago. I think we're talking more, but I'm not sure. I will have to pay more attention to that. It has been pretty rough with him and there have been times where I just wanted to pack up and run away. But I haven't because I DO love him and care for him. We've been through so much as a couple that I feel that if I just walked away it would not be good. So I hope that things continue to improve between us. Only time will tell.

So I want to thank those of you who still have me on your blogroll. And I'd like to welcome people who do not. Hopefully I'll be able to keep this up for real this time and share my life with you. Fat and all.

Have a great weekend.

5 Comments:

At November 16, 2006 8:59 AM, Blogger A BLOG NOT HERE said...

Hi FG :)

Welcome back you lucky person who spent all that time at one of my favorite places (the beach). :D

I hope now that you're back, things will go well for you in all aspects of your life.

Take care and let's pretend it's already the New Year, so in the spirit of positivity, good luck to BOTH of us, my friend!!!! HUG :D

 
At November 17, 2006 4:57 AM, Blogger *Rae* said...

Hi I found your blog before and enjoyed reading itglad your back and blogging again can't wait to read more from you

 
At November 25, 2006 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, welcome back! it's good to hear that things are going better for you. look forward to reading posts again :)

 
At November 30, 2006 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"but something inside me said that I have to stop all the negativity within myself, because in little ways I'm projecting it outward. And people can pick up on that."

I totally hear you on this -- that was one of the things that brought me to my breaking point with my fat.

Donna

 
At December 02, 2006 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! You're back!! So glad to hear you're feeling better and had a good time on vacation.

I hear you on how one can subconsciously project negativity and people pick up on that--definitely true, I've struggled with the same thing myself.

Really look forward to reading your posts and hope more of your newfound positivity comes through. You seem to be a good writer, you express yourself well and this blog is fantastic! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home